Bishop Sullivan Catholic High School is currently accepting applications for the current and upcoming school year for students entering all grades. Bishop Sullivan CHS welcomes students of all faiths and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, national or ethnic origin.
Admission Criteria and Application Checklist (click)
Criteria for admission to Bishop Sullivan Catholic High School are as follows:
- Overall GPA of 2.0 (“C” average)
- Standardized test scores at the 40th percentile or above
- Positive teacher comments on the Bishop Sullivan CHS High School Recommendation Forms
- Pattern of satisfactory behavior--disciplinary and attendance records will be carefully examined; special circumstances may be considered in making admission decisions.
- Completed application and application fee. Use our Online Admission Application or download a paper application.
- Request for Records Form to be submitted to the child’s school. This form requests the following information:
- Current transcript and most recent report card
- Standardized achievement test scores
- School profile or an explanation of the school’s marking system
- Student’s birth certificate
- Student’s up-to-date immunization record
- High School Recommendation Form to be completed by two (2) teachers of core classes
- Discipline record
- Copy of student’s birth certificate
- Baptismal Certificate, for Catholic families applying for financial aid.
- Virginia High School League Physical Form, if student plans to participate in sports—physicals must be completed after May 1 each year
- Individual Educational Plan and most recent educational evaluation, if applicable
- Admission Testing
- Standardized tests given in local Catholic elementary schools are used for admission decisions for students attending those schools.
- Eighth grade students attending public and private schools are required to take our admission test. Please call the guidance office at (757) 467-2906 to schedule admission testing.
Decisions are made on a rolling basis by an admission committee. Parents and students will be notified by mail as soon as possible. Some decisions may be deferred until mid-year or final grades can be evaluated. Admitted students will meet with counselors after March 1 to schedule courses.
Families who wish to apply for financial aid should complete the FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment application online before the February 15 deadline. In addition, a wide variety of scholarships are available. Questions regarding the admission and scholarship process may be directed to Mrs. Mary Beth Dober, Admissions Coordinator, at email@example.com or 757.467.2679. Questions regarding financial aid may be directed to Mrs. Rosa McElroy in the Business Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 757.467.2881.
If you need to FAX any forms to us, our FAX number is 757.467.0284
We look forward to welcoming you and your child to the Bishop Sullivan Catholic High School community.