Follow these steps to your future as a Crusader family!
If you have any questions about our admissions process, please contact our Admissions Coordinators, Mary Beth Dober or Eileen Monacchio at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 757-467-2679. They are always happy to help.
- Catholic High School Admissions Policy Statement
- STEP 1: Submit an Application for Admission
- STEP 2: Review and Complete Application Checklist Items
- STEP 3: Admissions Testing
- Step 4: Interview
- STEP 5: Receive an Admissions Decision
- STEP 6: Enroll to Save Your Place as a Catholic High School Crusader!
Catholic High School is a co-educational high school in the Diocese of Richmond, serving students in grades 9-12. The school provides a challenging college-preparatory education for students who meet our qualifications for admission. Students attending Catholic High School are expected to strive toward academic success and abide by the school’s code of conduct.
Criteria for admission to Catholic High School:
- Overall GPA of 2.0 (“C” average) or above
- Standardized test scores at the 40th percentile or above
- Admissions testing is required of all applicants. A waiver may be granted to students attending local Catholic elementary schools. (details below)
- Positive teacher comments on the CHS Recommendation Forms
- Pattern of satisfactory behavior—Disciplinary and attendance records will be carefully examined.
- Special circumstances may be considered in making admissions decisions.
Admissions testing is required of all applicants.
- Standardized tests given in the local Catholic elementary schools are part of the admissions documents for applicants who are currently attending one of those schools.
- Students attending public and other private schools are required to take the CHS admissions test. Admissions Coordinators will schedule and administer the test.
International students must apply through our approved International Educational Agencies. Any requests for exceptions to this policy will be directed to the Administration.
Decisions are made on a rolling basis by our Admissions Committee. Some decisions may be deferred until mid-year or when final grades can be evaluated.
Catholic High School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender or national origin in the administration of its admissions policies, tuition assistance program, athletics or any school-administered program.
To apply for admission, please create an online application account and submit an electronic application. There is a $125 application fee.
Catholic High School has a rolling admissions policy and we will accept and process applications continuously until we reach capacity. At that time, students will be placed on a waiting list. Admissions decisions will be made after the first grading period of the academic year.
**If interested in financial aid, please complete the FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment. To apply for a scholarship, also complete and submit our scholarship application and essay, the form for which can can be found here after January 15 and must be electronically submitted by March 1.
Please pay close attention to deadlines.
Once an application is submitted, families are assigned a checklist. Please review frequently.
Catholic High School will contact the student’s current school and request:
- a transcript and other academic documentation
- a current report card
- standardized test scores
- discipline and attendance records
Families will provide:
- a copy of the student's birth certificate
- a copy of the student's immunization record
- two teacher recommendations (electronically requested as part of the application)