Catholic High School offers an exceptional, college-preparatory education for international students who are focused on attending top universities in the United States. We offer 33 advanced placement and honors classes, 30+ sports teams, 10 honor societies, and 28 clubs. The Crusader community welcomes new cultures and celebrates them.
Catholic High School International students are:
* motivated for success
* academically strong
* proficient in English
* respectful of others
* willing to immerse themselves in a new culture
* compliant with the student code of conduct
* willing to attend Mass respectfully and take Theology each year
CHS International Student Advisors
CHS offers a student support program to help international students have a smooth transition to our school community. Student advisors will:
- provide peer support to international students.
- help students adjust to our school community.
- acquaint students with clubs, sports and other activities available at school.
- create lifelong friendships.
Catholic High School partners with four international agencies to create a diverse school community. We have hosted students from Belgium, Brazil, China, Finland, France, Ghana, Spain, Switzerland, The Netherlands, and Vietnam. We believe the sharing of cultures educates the entire community. We encourage families to get involved and become a host family to an international student. As a host family, you will see your world with a new perspective, learn a new culture, and expand your family…you can make a difference! Our partner agencies are always looking for host families to offer a safe and supportive home for our international students. Students speak English, have health insurance, and personal spending money. Host families provide transportation, room and board, and receive a hosting stipend. Please consider opening your heart and your home!
Please contact Eileen Monacchio, Admissions Coordinator, at email@example.com or one of our partner agencies for more information:
Nacel Open Door : Maxine Williams - MWilliams@team.nacelopendoor.org
TBI/New Oasis: JoAnn Boyce - firstname.lastname@example.org
International Experience: Cheryl Strike - email@example.com
American Home Life International (AHLI): Lorelei Kay - Loreleik@amhomelife.org
Catholic High School host families:
- welcome host students to actively participate in the family.
- share cultural experiences and learn about a new culture.
- get involved in the international student’s school life.
- provide a safe and supportive home.
- provide transportation to and from school.
Benefits of being a host family:
- build lifelong friendships
- learn a new culture
- gain a new perspective of your world
- make a difference