Athletic Hall of Fame Nomination Criteria
Criteria for Nomination and Membership
The Crusader Athletic Hall of Fame recognizes members of the Crusader community for their contribution to Crusader athletics in all its forms – Norfolk Catholic High School in Norfolk, VA and Catholic High School and Bishop Sullivan Catholic High School in Virginia Beach, VA. Contribution to the athletic department includes, but is not limited to: participation, coaching, managing, service, etc. Current and future members of the Crusader Athletic Hall of Fame exemplify the values of the school and Crusader athletics.
- New Membership
- Crusader alumni are eligible for Athletic Hall of Fame nomination and membership five years after graduation having participated in at least one (1) Varsity sport.
- Those eligible for nomination include – Players, Coaches, Managers, Trainers and other Crusaders deserving of the distinction.
- Non Crusader alumni eligible for nomination include – coaches, trainers, and others deserving of the distinction.
- Nomination (Online Nomination Form)
- Anyone may nominate an athlete following the guidelines under New Membership.
- Nomination period will last at least eight (8) weeks.
- Nominations will be done via electronic nomination form on the school website.
- No one may nominate more than two (2) individuals per year. Additional nominations will be discarded.
- Nominees not selected for induction are eligible for nomination in the following year, but must be resubmitted via the nomination process.
- The number of times a Crusader is nominated is not considered by the selection committee.
- Criteria: Criteria used in evaluation may include
- Distinctions – All-State distinction, All-Conference distinction, or All-Tournament distinction, Season and Tournament championships, Team MVP, other individual accolades and records, etc.
- Leadership (on and off the field of play)
- Overall contribution (of time and talents) to Crusader athletics at the time and thereafter
- Contribution to the community
- Positive Representation of the values of Norfolk Catholic High School, Catholic High School and Bishop Sullivan Catholic High School
- College Participation
- Voting and Voting Committee
- Voting committee will consist of the Athletic Director and two to five (2-5) members made up from the following groups: Current Hall of Famers, Crusader Athletic Association members, Board members, Alumni, Administration, Staff, Former Faculty, Friends of the School, etc.
- The Athletic Director will select the voting committee.
- Committee will consist of at least one (1) female.
- Committee members will meet to discuss candidates once the nomination period ends.
- Acceptance in the Athletic Hall of Fame requires a majority vote.
- The Athletic Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony and Alumni Green and Gold Reception will take place on Friday, February 4, 2022. Stay tuned for more information!