COVID-19 Policies and Updates
2021-2022 Daily Health and Safety Protocols
CHS is committed to the safety and health of all students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
Please click here to see what daily protocols we are using to reduce the spread of COVID-19 within our school community.
Updated Face Mask Policy for the Beginning of the 2021-2022 School Year, 8-12-21
(RICHMOND, Va) – Following today’s (Aug. 12, 2021) announcement by Virginia’s State Health Commissioner, the Office of Catholic Schools for the Catholic Diocese of Richmond is updating its COVID-19 health mitigation measures to be compliant with the statewide public health emergency order. The State Health Commissioner Order, requiring the wearing of face masks in K-12 schools regardless of vaccination status, goes into effect Aug. 12, 2021 and can be read here.
Catholic schools in the Diocese of Richmond begin their academic year on Monday, Aug. 23.
In addition to the updated mask mandate, Catholic schools in our diocese will continue to follow guidance given by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Virginia Department of Health (VDH), and consult as needed with health officials to protect the well-being, health and safety of students and staff.
Kelly M. Lazzara
Recent Communications from the Office of Catholic Schools
- Letter from Kelly M. Lazzara, Superintendent of Schools, August 12, 2021
- Letter from Kelly M. Lazzara, Superintendent of Schools, August 9, 2021
- Letter from Kelly M. Lazzara, Superintendent of Schools, June 1, 2021
- SCHOOL REINTEGRATION AND GUIDELINES, May 28, 2021
Please visit the Nurse’s Corner for more up-to-date health information from our Clinic.
Remote Learning Requests
Please review our new policy for Remote Learning linked here.
Any requests and/or documentation in accordance with this policy should go directly to Mr. Covington for approval at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let each of you look not only to his own interests
but also to the interests of others. Philippians 2:4
By entering Catholic High School, all employees, students, parents, and all authorized visitors, acknowledge the following:
- Your temperature is under 100.4 degrees and you have been without any fever reducing medication for the last 24 hours; and
- You or anyone in your household does not have a new cough or new shortness of breath; and
- You or anyone in your household who has exhibited any COVID-19 symptoms has either been symptom-free for 14 days or has since tested negative for COVID-19; and
- In the past two (2) weeks, you have not been exposed - less than six (6) feet for greater than 15 minutes - to anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 without wearing the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Symptoms & Risk Form
to be completed by parents