About our Bus Service
Catholic High School offers bus service to families in Norfolk, Virginia Beach and Chesapeake.
The Buses pickup locations include the Catholic Elementary schools St. Patrick, Christ the King and St Pius X in Norfolk and St. John the Apostle, Star of the Sea in Virginia Beach. Chesapeake pickup locations include Prince of Peace Church and Orchard Square Shopping Center.
Pickup times and other information can be found on the form. If you have additional questions about our bus service, please email Lyndsey Boyce (email@example.com).
Please note these important updates:
- Please wait at the bus stop with your child until their medical screening is complete. Bus drivers will be taking temperatures before they step on the bus. If they're temperature is at or above 100.4 after taking their temperature twice, they will not be able to ride the bus nor attend school. Make sure they wait in the AC if it is hot outside as that can sometimes affect the read on the infrared thermometer.
- Seats will be staggered and there will be stickers instructing students where to sit. Only family members from the same household may sit together.
- Please make sure your child wears a face covering as they approach the bus and inside the bus.
- If for some reason the bus cannot make the route due to break down, driver shortage, etc. we will text both student and parent cell numbers listed in RenWeb via the Bus Alert System.
- Note that there have been some minor changes in times to allow for temperature screenings and as a result of K bell (the before school optional bell). Routes now start at 7:20 a.m. as opposed to 7:25 a.m.
- For students who do not attend K bell, they will either eat breakfast in the cafeteria or proceed directly to
their first period class. They do not need to be screened again when they enter the building. They can
simply inform the staff member working the door that they are a bus rider and pass on through.