Main Logo (White)

Catholic High School

Crusader Connection

A Note from the Principal

Reminders and Announcements
  • Catholic High School Announces the Spring Musical:

    “Many moons ago in a far-off place, Queen Aggravain decreed no couples could marry until her son, Prince Dauntless, found a bride. Princesses came from far and wide to win the hand of the prince, but none could pass the impossible tests given to them by the Queen. That is, until the “shy” swamp princess, Winnifred the Woebegone, showed up. Would she be able to pass the Sensitivity Test, marry her prince, and help Lady Larkin and Sir Harry to the altar? Carried on a wave of wonderful songs, by turns hilarious and raucous, romantic and melodic, this rollicking spin on the classic tale The Princess and the Pea provides some side-splitting shenanigans. For after all, a princess is a delicate thing.” (Concord Theatricals)

    On March 30-April 1 CHS will present Once Upon a Mattress [Music by Mary Rodgers, Lyrics by Marshall Barer, and Book by Jay Thompson, Dean Fuller, and Marshall Barer]

    Auditions will be held on December 2 (half day) at 12:45 p.m. Audition information packets will be available soon. Contact Mr. Martin or Mrs. Fenter with any questions. 

  • The National Honor Society is sponsoring a Toys for Tots drive for Christmas. Please bring in a new, unwrapped toy and place it in the box in the foyer. The drive will be conducted from November 28-to December 11.

  • On November 28 NHS will begin tutoring on Mondays and Wednesdays from 3:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. in the library. Any students in need of assistance in any subject are welcome to come in for help.

  • Save the date: #iGiveCatholic is November 29 and the Advanced Giving is going on now! This year, during #iGiveCatholic on #GivingTuesday, we are investing in our students by raising funds to equip our science labs with additional lab equipment for laboratory investigations. Help us equip our students to be the science leaders of tomorrow! Lab sciences require cutting edge technology and instruments to maintain a competitive level of innovation. By supporting our students' hands-on learning in lab sciences you are helping them to stay on the forefront of an ever-changing world. Visit to find out more! 

  • Invest in the Virginia Education Improvement Scholarship Tax Credit Program. Provide financial assistance to deserving students while enjoying tax relief! EISTC continues to return 65% of your donation to you in Virginia tax credits. Those who itemize can claim the remaining 35% as a charitable deduction. And if you choose to donate by transferring appreciated securities, you will eliminate your capital gains taxes on those stocks. 

    For more information and/or to obtain the necessary documents, please use this link Or contact Lisa Hamlet, Director of Advancement at or 757-467-2679.
  • 2022-2023 CHS SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS: Catholic High School is currently accepting Scholarship Applications for the 2023-2024 school year. As a reminder, the CHS Scholarship Application is done completely online.
    Please visit > Admissions > Tuition, Financial Aid & Scholarship Opportunity > Scholarship Opportunities >
  • Thanksgiving Food Drive: With the holiday season coming up, we will be collecting non-perishable food items to donate to the food pantry at Ascension Catholic Church. Your student may drop donations off on the tables across from the chapel in the main entrance of CHS. We are collecting donations now through Friday, November 18. Let’s work together to make this season a little easier on the struggling families in our community.

  • Seniors Only: Red Cross Certification Graduation Requirement: '23 graduates who still need to obtain their Red Cross certification requirement for graduation are encouraged to attend the in person training on December 14. This class will be offered on Wednesday, December 14 from 10:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. in the Forum of Catholic High School. The course fee is $50.00. Students will need to register by December 5. Students will need a packed lunch, water bottle, and a writing utensil. Please email Kristin Patterson, American Red Cross Instructor, at to enroll. 

  • The Lands' End School Starboard Scholarship: 2022- 2023 Application Now Available: The Lands' End School Starboard Scholarship acknowledges and rewards students who display exceptional leadership skills. Students attending Lands' End Preferred Schools in grades 8 through 12 are eligible to apply for one of five scholarships worth $5,000 for school or college tuition.

    Applications will be accepted now through January 19, 2023, or until 1,000 applications have been received. Click here to apply. 

Weekly Office/Department Updates