No one should seek his own advantage,
but that of his neighbor. 1 Corinthians 10:24
Continuing the Learning
All Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Richmond are following the Superintendent of Catholic School’s plan to offer in-person instruction five days a week during Phase III. The health, safety, and well-being of faculty/staff, students, parents, and the greater community are our top priority.
The directives and recommendations in this reopening plan are based on Phase Guidance for Virginia Schools first released by Governor Northam in June 2020 (including subsequent updates), the recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Virginia Department of Health, and the Virginia Council for Private Education.
The Phase Guidance for Virginia Schools includes three phases that are aligned with the Forward Virginia phases and are designed to mitigate the risks of spreading COVID-19.The directives and guidance will be reevaluated and updated as needed due to the fluidity of changing information as a result of all that is still being learned about COVID-19.
- Click here to read an important message from the Superintendent of Catholic Schools, Mrs. Kelly Lazzara.
CHS Remote Learner Option
After reviewing survey feedback from families in response to the CHS Reopening Plan, we evaluated our ability to offer a remote learning option for families uncomfortable with their child returning to school due to high-risk health issues or other concerns. This remote learning approach accommodates families with health concerns who wish to remain enrolled at CHS to receive a Catholic education. This model will also be used for those students who may have to quarantine per the CHS COVID-19 protocols. The remote learning option provides synchronous access to the regular school day instruction and assignments via Livestream and Google Meet.
- Are there daily health screenings for students, teachers, and staff?
- What do the classrooms look like?
- How do I order lunch for my student?
- What is the arrival process like first thing in the morning?
- Are students able to use their lockers?
- What is the schedule for classes?
- How does social distancing work?
- What should my child do if he/she doesn't feel well during the day?
- Are there any changes to the bus service?
By entering Catholic High School, all employees, students, parents, and all authorized visitors, acknowledge the following:
- Your temperature is under 100.4 degrees and you have been without any fever reducing medication for the last 24 hours; and
- You or anyone in your household does not have a new cough or new shortness of breath; and
- You or anyone in your household who has exhibited any COVID-19 symptoms has either been symptom-free for 14 days or has since tested negative for COVID-19; and
- In the past two (2) weeks, you have not been exposed - less than six (6) feet for greater than 15 minutes - to anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 without wearing the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Symptoms & Risk Form
to be completed by parents
All faculty, staff, students and visitors are to wear a mask, practice social distancing, and perform daily health screenings for everyone's safety and well-being.