Let each of you look not only to his own interests
but also to the interests of others. Philippians 2:4
Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Richmond are providing in-person instruction five days a week during the 2020-21 school year. The CHS Risk Mitigation Plan outlines steps to work together and keep our school community healthy and safe. The safety protocols outlined in the CHS plan are based on Phase Guidance for Virginia Schools first released by Governor Northam in June 2020 (including subsequent updates), recommendations from the Virginia Department of Health, and guidance from the Diocese of Richmond.
We continue to monitor guidance and evaluate developments regarding COVID-19, recognizing the mutable situation we face together as a community. School employees are eligible to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in the 1B phase in Virginia.
CHS Remote Learner Option
In response to survey feedback from families, CHS offers a remote learning option to accommodate our families during the 2020-21 school year. Remote Learning is offered as a permanent option (semester-long) and a short term option for students who are experiencing any symptoms of illness or must isolate or quarantine due to COVID-19. The remote learning option provides synchronous access to the regular school day instruction and assignments via live stream and Google Meet.
- Are there daily health screenings for students, teachers, and staff?
- What do the classrooms look like?
- How do I order lunch for my student?
- What is the arrival process like first thing in the morning?
- Are students able to use their lockers?
- What is the schedule for classes?
- How does social distancing work?
- What should my child do if he/she doesn't feel well during the day?
- Are there any changes to the bus service?
By entering Catholic High School, all employees, students, parents, and all authorized visitors, acknowledge the following:
- Your temperature is under 100.4 degrees and you have been without any fever reducing medication for the last 24 hours; and
- You or anyone in your household does not have a new cough or new shortness of breath; and
- You or anyone in your household who has exhibited any COVID-19 symptoms has either been symptom-free for 14 days or has since tested negative for COVID-19; and
- In the past two (2) weeks, you have not been exposed - less than six (6) feet for greater than 15 minutes - to anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 without wearing the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Symptoms & Risk Form
to be completed by parents
All faculty, staff, students and visitors are to wear a mask, practice social distancing, and perform daily health screenings for everyone's safety and well-being.