Virginia Educational Tax Credit Program
Invest in the Virginia Education Improvement Scholarship Tax Credit Program. Provide financial assistance to deserving students while enjoying tax relief.
What is the Virginia Education Improvement Scholarship Tax Credit (EISTC) Program?
- Virginia’s EISTC program offers donors 65% of their donation returned to them in Virginia tax credits.
- Donations to foundations approved by the Virginia Department of Education are distributed as scholarships for students from low-income families to attend accredited private schools.
- Virginia budgets $25 million each year for this program, which continues until 2028.
How is this donation program different from a regular donation to the school or a scholarship program?
- Donors receive Virginia tax credits for 65% of the full value of the donation.
- Donors who itemize ALSO receive federal and Virginia tax deductions for charitable contributions.
- Both individuals and businesses are eligible.
- Tax credits are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis, subject to Department of Education pre-authorization.
- Donors should include a Letter of Intent requesting their scholarships support students at Catholic High School.
How do I get started?